Want to stay fit but don’t have time to go outside for a run? Treadmills are your next best alternative. You can buy a treadmill for your home and shave off a few minutes every morning, or evening, to lose fat and keep your heart fit. While running outside has its perk like fresh air, attractive scenery, and different terrains, bad weather, overly-crowded sidewalks, and safety concerns could be a deterrent for most people.
Your Buying Guide
Purchasing a home treadmill is a worthy investment, and gives you more exercising options that you can’t get in a gym or outside. A treadmill works on the same muscles that running outdoors does, and is great for maintaining your cardio fitness or training for the upcoming 5Ks.
Treadmills are incredibly simple to use. You can run or walk on the belt, and you can adjust it to whatever speed you want. Some modern treadmills now come with touchscreen displays, and you can even stream live classes.
When buying a home treadmill, there are a few factors that you must consider. They include:
- Your budget.
- Space where you will place it.
- The number of people who will be using it, and
- Extras like a heart rate monitor and program options.
With that in mind, we have prepared a list of the best home treadmills for 2021 to make your shopping trip easier.
ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill
If you’re looking for a treadmill that offers you all-round training capabilities, then the ProForm Pro 2000 is what you should go for. Powered by a 3.5-horsepower motor and a belt deck that measures 22 by 60 inches, this treadmill can put up with daily use. If you are training for races with hills, the ProForm Pro 2000 gives you options to reach a 15% incline and 3% decline, making it the best treadmill that simulates hills. This treadmill comes with a 7-inch screen that’s compatible with iFit workouts, a music port for iPods, as well as many other workout apps.
- Powerful motor
- Perfect for running, walking, or jogging
- Large running belt (22 x 60 inches)
- Has an incline and decline setting (0-15%)
- iFit technology is compatible with most workout apps
- Capacitative touchscreen for intuitive workout control
- Comfortable cushioning
- It’s heavy
- Some customers who ran into issues found customer service quite disappointing
Check price on ProForm.com
NordicTrack T Series (T 6.5 Si) Treadmills
If you’re looking for a treadmill that will give you solid performance, then this Nordic Track T 6.5 Si is a great option. It has a sturdy design and is reliable. The treadmill comes preloaded with 20 workout programs courtesy of Nordic Track aimed at burning calories and improving your cardiovascular fitness. It also comes with a 2.6 CHP motor that allows for walking, jogging, and running from 0-10 MPH. The treadmill can support up to 300 lbs, and it’s easily portable from one place to another around the home, thanks to the two back wheels.
- Handlebars come with Dual CardioGrip heart sensors for heart rate monitoring
- FlexSelect cushioning system allows you to turn cushioning on and off
- Comes with a built-in intermix acoustic sound system with iPod/MP3 compatibility to keep you motivated while working out • Multiple workout programs
- iFit compatible
- Comes with a 25-year warranty
- Not equipped with iFit
- Lacks cooling fan
- Maximum speed is only 10 MPH
Check price on nordictrack.com
Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill
If you are on a budget but want a treadmill, Horizon Fitness T101-04 can offer you good performance. If you are worried about space, don’t be. This is a fold-up treadmill that you can store away when you are not using it. The treadmill is equipped with a 55-inch belt length integrated with shock-absorbing 3-zone cushioning and a 2.25-horsepower motor. The maximum speed from this treadmill is 10 MPH. The horsepower doesn’t offer much power, which makes it ideal for walkers.
- Pocket-friendly price
- Fold-up design makes it easy to store in small spaces
- Runs quieter than most budget treadmills
- Ideal for walkers and light runners
- Bluetooth speakers
• Not designed for high-end runners • Belt length is only 55 inches’ long
Buy at the best price of $599 at Horizon Fitness
NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill
If you are looking for a commercial-grade treadmill, NordicTrack Commercial 1750 comes with a 3.75 horsepower motor, powerful enough to allow runners to reach a speed of 12 MPH. It is integrated with a 10-inch HD touchscreen, 50 workout programs, and iFit Coach Workouts. You can adjust the deck to a 3% decline and 15% incline. The new 1750 treadmill has a Bluetooth compatible audio system with two 3-inch speakers to listen to your favorite workout songs. It is also equipped with a tablet holder, one-touch speed and incline settings, and dual fans. The 22 x 60-inch deck uses a soft cushioning system that can be adjusted to a firmer surface for those who like the feel of the road.
- Large running surface
- Powerful 3.75 horsepower motor
- 10-inch display screen with iFit built-in
- A 15% incline and 3% decline
- 0-12 MPH with touch-button controls to adjust the speed
- Lifetime warranty on frame and motor
- 50 onboard workout programs
- No USB ports
Check price on Amazon