Fresh homemade fruit and vegetable juice are way healthier than store-bought since they don’t have any extra sugar or harmful additives. Drinking fresh juices regularly can help eliminate toxins from your body and fight off infections. However, juicers can be expensive, which can be discouraging if you plan to be making juice at home. The good news is that you can find the best juice under $100 that offers all the features you’d want in a juicer. So, if you’re in the market looking for the best budget juice for 2022, this post is for you.
Types of Juicers in the Market
When buying a juicer, you’ll come by two main types:
- Centrifugal juicers. They operate much like blenders. The blade spins at high speed to separate the juice from the fruit pulp. There’s minimal preparation required since they can crush whole fruits and won’t clog as easily. However, this type of juicer is noisy and the heat from the blades and motor can kill some macronutrients in your juice.
- Masticating juicer. Also called cold-press juicers and use gears instead of blades to grind vegetables and fruits. They are usually slow and require prior preparation to cut fruits and veggies into smaller pieces since they clog easily. They are also quieter.
Now that you’re familiar with these two terms, let’s take a look at the top 5 juicers under $100.
Our Top Pick: Breville Juice Fountain Centrifugal Juicer
As the name suggests, the Breville Juice Fountain (BJE200XL) Juicer is a centrifugal juicer, meaning it has a motor and blades. It’s fast, thanks to the 700-watt motor and a blade that operates at 14,000 revolutions per minute. This means you can have your juice ready in a matter of minutes.
The juicer comes with a 3-inch rounded chute that’s wide enough to drop a whole fruit or vegetable (or at least big chunks). It features a compact design and comes with a stainless steel mesh filter and a built-in froth separator. Maybe the best juicer under $100?.
- Comes with removable parts that are dishwasher safe
- Powerful motor for efficient juicing
- Extra-large feed tube that fits big chunks of fruits and veggies
- The plastic components can be flimsy
- Greens tend to slip through
Best Performance: Mueller Austria Ultra Juicer Machine
Cold press juicers preserve the macronutrients in your juice since they don’t use heat and the contents are not exposed to oxygen. That’s what makes the Mueller Austria Juicer Machine tick. This masticating juicer has gears that rotate at 60 revolutions per minute, making them more than 200 times slower than the Breville Juice Fountain Juicer. It will take roughly 10 minutes to fill a 16-ounce glass. On the brighter side, you get 50 percent more vitamins and minerals with cold pressing.
The juicer features a narrow chute for carrots, celery, and cucumbers and a 3-inch chute for fruits and vegetables. It also comes with a built-in pulp separator so you can get ready-to-drink juice straight from the juicer. It’s fitted with a safety sensor button that automatically shuts off the machine if one part isn’t fitted correctly to prevent clogs and leaking.
- The safety sensor prevents leakage and clogging
- It’s quieter since it isn’t run by a motor
- Processes healthier juice than centrifugal juicers
- It’s way slower
Best Value: Hamilton Beach 67601A Centrifugal Juicer
At less than $70, the Hamilton Beach 6701A Big Mouth Juicer offers the best value. It’s fitted with a 3-inch feed chute that can fit a whole apple, peeled orange, or a handful of spinach. Its 800-watt motor is powerful to crush fruits and vegetables and quickly have your juice ready.
The juicer has an extra-large pulp bin so you can juice continuously without having to stop to empty the bin.
- It comes with dishwasher-safe parts
- Cleaning tool included
- Extra-large pulp bin enables continuous juicing
- Produces “wetter” pulp
Best Pulp-to-Juice Ratio: Mooka B5100 Masticating Juicer
Mooka B5100 Masticating Juicer is designed to maximize efficiency, no wonder it gives a better pulp-to-juice ratio than most juicers. Since there is no motor or blade, it keeps the juice cool and away from oxygen, locking in all the nutrients.
The machine features two speeds; you can run it faster for vegetables or other harder foods or slower if you want high-quality juice from soft, leafy greens. It’s highly ideal for those who will be juicing softer fruits and vegetables.
- Features two speeds, based on the type of fruit or vegetable
- Better pulp-to-juice ratio than most models
- Quiet operation
- Easily clogs, especially with heavy vegetable loads
Best Budget: Aicook Juicer Machine
The Aicook Juicer Machine is a centrifugal juicer that features a powerful motor and stainless blades. It comes with a 3-inch chute that fits whole fruits and big chunks of vegetables. The stainless steel blades and three-layer mesh filter promote faster juicing, as well as pulp collection and froth separator.
The parts are dishwasher safe, making cleaning hassle-free. However, you can wash them by hand using the included scrubbing brush.
- Powerful motor
- Stainless steel blades and froth separator
- Parts are dishwasher safe
- Not suitable for long use. Some users complained of burning smell after long use.
As you can see, you can find the best juice under $100 that get the job done as well as expensive models. Just remember to purchase a model that meets your specific needs and is easy to clean.